Only Pioneer Provides Rainwater Systems with Long-Lasting Storage
The Lower Colorado River Authority offers rebates for rainwater systems to qualifying customers. The LCRA may provide rebates for 50% of the total cost, up to $600, per residential property for upgrades to conserve water and increase efficiency.
Rebate eligibility for LCRA customers is based on:
– Being a Lower Colorado River Authority domestic use customer.
– You are a resident who receives water from one of these LCRA water customers. The City of Austin customers are eligible for rebates from Austin Water. See the Rebate from Austin Water
– The rainwater system must be for non-potable use.
– The system must have a storage capacity of 100 gallons or more.
– Receipts and photos of the equipment up for the rebate must be submitted with the application.
Go to the application:
The rainwater harvesting system rebate program is a part of the Highland Lakes Watershed Ordinance to protect water quality as well as is an initiative to respond to stormwater pollution. Rainwater harvesting systems capture rooftop rain runoff for later sustainable use, instead of letting it run off and become possible stormwater pollution. Using a rainwater system for domestic purposes also reduces utility water use that can help with water availability.
On average, a rainwater system can collect 600 gallons of water per inch of rain for every 1,000 square feet of rooftop collection space. The State of Texas is one of the most encouraging state governments for rainwater systems with the House Bill 3391 (2011). HB 3391 is one of the most far-reaching and comprehensive pieces of legislation regarding rainwater harvesting in recent years. Link to Bill
All rainwater collection/harvesting equipment is exempt from sales tax, within the State of Texas, per Section 151.355 of the Texas Tax Code. Link to Tax Code. To claim this exemption, the purchaser must furnish a Tax Exemption Application Form 01‐339 to the supplier at the time of purchase. An itemized receipt must be submitted with the application within 60‐days of installation. The receipt must include date, vendor name and address, the amount paid, and capacity of the tank.
See the Tax Exemption Form
Eligible water customers of LCRA include: